[openstack-dev] [all] Time to remove Python2.6 jobs from master

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jul 13 09:39:53 UTC 2015

On 13 July 2015 at 20:08, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/13/2015 03:29 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> So, we've got constraints support for tox coming together nicely.
>>
>> The rollout for that will be per project (because tox.ini needs to
>> change).
>>
>> However, we're not compiling, nor are we easily able to do so, a
>> constraints set for Python 2.6. (We compile one unified file with
>> all our constraints, which requires a VM with all the Python's we
>> need to use installed on it).
>>
>> Enabling constraints on py2.6 tox jobs will fail to constrain
>> anything which varies by Python version.
>>
>> So - folk that haven't disabled their 2.6 jobs (you know who you
>> are) - you probably want to do so now in master. Its' my
>> understanding that they were meant to be disabled during kilo but
>> they've fallen through the cracks.
>>

> clients and oslo libraries still maintain their py26 for a reason:
> decision to drop py26 was for server projects only.

Huh.

I wasn't part of that discussion... does anyone have a link to why
we're supporting a release upstream have completely moved on from 2
years ago?

Surely folk wanting to use clients from Python2.6 could just use our
older API clients, which due to good backwards compat should still
work.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>