[openstack-dev] [Mistral][Horizon][Tuskar-ui] Mistral Dashboard

Tripp, Travis S travis.tripp at hp.com
Fri Jul 10 22:42:11 UTC 2015

In my opinion there is only one major actual bug left on Launch Instance.  That is the webroot bug [0] and this actually affects all of the angular work, not just Launch Instance.  There was a working fix for it ready earlier this week, but then additional considerations for the approach on it were brought up.  This fix is definitely Liberty specific and we need a version of it prepared specifically for Kilo as it has affected some community members wanting to use angular APIs in Kilo.  You can see them at the URL listed below [1]. Some stalled out due to lack of reviews, so clearly not considered very major.  Once that is fixed, I believe we need to make the angular based launch instance enabled by default so that we have more opportunity to find any more bugs before the end of Liberty.

All of that said, the highest priority effort going on is that we learned that the way the angular code was structured in horizon was not conducive for sustainable development or for plug-ins. So there has been a lot of effort to create a structure more friendly to angular development here in Liberty.  That effort is starting to wind down and hopefully will be wrapped up within a few weeks. There is a horizon mid cycle in a week and half where this will all be discussed / worked on [2].  If you are able to join, you should add your name to the list and join us!

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1451681
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon?field.searchtext=%5BLaunch+Instance+Fix%5D&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=
[2] https://openstack.nimeyo.com/49599/openstack-dev-horizon-liberty-mid-cycle-meetup