[openstack-dev] [nova] Switching the bug status of ~200 bugs at once; Problem?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Jul 10 13:34:18 UTC 2015

Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote on 07/10/2015 12:32:00 PM:

> From: Sean Dague <sean at dague.net>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 07/10/2015 12:32 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] Switching the bug status of ~200
> bugs at once; Problem?
>
> On 07/10/2015 04:09 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> > I'd like to switch the status of ~200 bugs at once to adjust the
> > bookkeeping in LaunchPad. This will concern "Confirmed" and "Triaged"
> > bugs which have an assignee [1]. AFAIK they should be "In Progress".
> >
> > I'm concerned if this would affect some reports I'm not aware of in
> > a bad way. So, if you think this is a bad thing, please speak up.
> >
> > FWIW, I'll use an enhanced version of [2] which I will provide in the
> > next days. A few days later I'll have a version ready which can
> > update stale "In Progress" bugs by querying Gerrit.
> >
> > [1] http://bit.ly/1GbhJWu
> > [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197060/
>
> I would not do that. Bugs with assignee tend to get ignored by other
> people looking at the problem, and in *most* cases the assignee is not
> actually working on the bug. I would instead go the other direction and
> pop any In Progress bug that has seen no activity in the last 60 days
> back to Confirmed.
>
>    -Sean

The bugs I'm referring to are *not* set to "In Progress" but have an
assignee. I think this is an inconsistency which I try to resolve.
I can treat them like "In Progress" bugs and remove the assignee
if there is no activity in the last 60 days. Is this what you say?

Regards,
Markus Zoeller (markus_z)