[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Taskflow]Review help to cinder bp:Implement function to manage/unmanage snapshots

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Fri Jul 10 08:10:09 UTC 2015

Feel free to start the work. Right now I’m working on c-vol’s create_volume flow. Review is there: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193167/

From: hao wang [mailto:sxmatch1986 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 4:47 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Taskflow]Review help to cinder bp:Implement function to manage/unmanage snapshots

Sorry for the long delay, I'd like to help to review those patches, and I don't find the patch about refactoring manage_existing flow in manager yet, so maybe I can have a try.

Right now we’re working on refactoring current TaskFlow implementations in Cinder to make them more readable and clean. Then we’ll be able to decide if we want to get more TaskFlow into Cinder or step back from using it. Deadline for refactoring work is around 1 of July.

Here’s related patch for scheduler’s create_volume workflow: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186439/

Currently I’m working on a patch for API’s create_volume and John Griffith agreed to work on manager’s one (I don’t know current status). If you want to help with these efforts – reviews are always welcomed. You may also take a shot at refactoring manage_existing flow in manager. It seem simple enough but maybe there are some improvement that we can do to make it more readable.