[openstack-dev] [glance] Progress of the Python 3 port

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 11:25:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

gate-glance-python34 is now voting!

Ian Cordasco and Erno Kuvaja approved my two last patches to port
glance_store to Python 3: thanks. "tox -e py34" now pass successfully,
cool! I proposed a "Make gate-glance_store-python34 voting, add gate"
patch to avoid Python 3 regressions in glance_store:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200014/

Would it be possible to schedule a release of glance_store to get these
Python 3 fixes?

It would avoid the ugly (slow) requirement in glance requirements.txt:

-e git+https://github.com/openstack/glance_store.git#egg=glance_store

(This line caused issues because tools became more strict recently.)

Victor