[openstack-dev] OpenStack Meiji (明治) - Our next release name has been selected

Osanai, Hisashi osanai.hisashi at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 9 05:35:12 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 09, 2015 2:18 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> We can't change the past, but we can certainly influence the future. I
> think we should probably reconsider this name, and honor our Japanese
> hosts with a name that is pleasing to the entire community.

I completely agree with the current decision using one of the next names but
I would like to say "thank you very much!" for your suggestion as a Japanese
contributor. This is a really heartwarming email for me. Let me buy you a bear
at the summit in Tokyo :-)

I hope we, OpenStack community, can enjoy choosing "a good location name in Japan"
as the next release code!

Thanks,
Hisashi Osanai