[openstack-dev] [swift] Stategy to port Swift to Python 3

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 13:55:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 07/07/2015 19:42, John Dickinson wrote:
> For the dependencies (pyeclib), we'll get those as we can. The first priority is getting the Swift code, which we control, ...

I used the hack suggested by Cyril Roelandt: patch pyeclib in tox. With
this hack, tox -e py34 now works even if pyeclib is not ported to Python
3 on PyPI. It's a hack, but it's also a compromise to make progress on
porting Swift to Python 3. My patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/199034/

Jenkins is still running, but all check jobs (pep8, py27 and *py34*)
should now pass with this single patch (patch set 5).

Victor