[openstack-dev] [CI] How to set a proxy for zuul.

Tang Chen tangchen at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 8 09:56:06 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm now installing constructing CI system following this document:

https://github.com/rasselin/os-ext-testing

When running zuul, I got this error:

2015-07-07 13:44:09,035 ERROR gerrit.GerritWatcher: Exception on ssh
event stream:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zuul/lib/gerrit.py",
line 64, in _run
     key_filename=self.keyfile)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/client.py",
line 237, in connect
     for (family, socktype, proto, canonname, sockaddr) in
socket.getaddrinfo(hostname, port, socket.AF_UNSPEC, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
gaierror: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

This happens when zuul tries to access review.openstack.org.

In my environment, I have to access internet through through a http proxy.

But referring to the source code, zuul calls functions in
paramiko/client.py to  setup a connection using socket.

         if not sock:
             for (family, socktype, proto, canonname, sockaddr) in
socket.getaddrinfo(hostname, port, socket.AF_UNSPEC, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
                 if socktype == socket.SOCK_STREAM:
                     af = family
                     addr = sockaddr
                     break
             else:
                 # some OS like AIX don't indicate SOCK_STREAM support,
so just guess. :(
                 af, _, _, _, addr = socket.getaddrinfo(hostname, port,
socket.AF_UNSPEC, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
             sock = socket.socket(af, socket.SOCK_STREAM)

I think the problem is that since it uses socket API to create the
connection, it does not go through the proxy.

So, could anyone tell me how to setup a proxy for zuul ?

Or, of course, the CI document is something very in progress. And
referring to the openstack site,
I cannot find any info up to date. Could anyone share with me something
that could construct a CI system ?

Thanks.