[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Linux Bridge CI status report

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Jul 8 02:01:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

At the risk of jinxing it, I'd like to report that with the merge of a
couple patches to fix race conditions[1][2] and DevStack[3] - we're looking
at promising results for experimental runs for the Linux Bridge
CI on changes that are supposed to pass[4], as well as being useful for
patches under development[5][6].

It's still early, but I think we've made great progress so far, and my
plan is in the next week or so to see if we can move it from
experimental status, to the check queue (but keep it non-voting)[7]. This will
help uncover any other bugs that exist, as well as helping provide a CI system
that can help give certainty for reviewers on patches
to Neutron in the Linux Bridge parts of the tree.

I'd also like to thank the bug reporters and authors of
of the linked patches - since most of what I did was just nudge
things along.

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/198833/

[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197162/

[3]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192906/