[openstack-dev] Can't add a table to nova DB

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jul 8 01:53:16 UTC 2015

Is this new table as part of a contribution to upstream nova, or for a
private table? If its for a private table, then I'm not really sure
that's a great idea -- for example what happens when we consume the
migration number you use?

If this code isn't private, perhaps it would be easiest to share a
review number so someone could take a look?

Cheers,
Michael

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Silvia Fichera <fichera.sil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to add a table to nova db and I followed those suggestions:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19424901/how-to-add-a-table-in-nova-database-openstack/24900366#24900366
>
> but after the synchronization there are no changes in the DB.
>
> In order, I've added the structure my new table as a class in models.py,
> than I've written a migration file and its upgrade and downgrade function
> and than I've synchronizaed the db.
> It seems everything goes fine.
>
> Can you give some suggestions and tips?
>
> Regards,