[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Why Sahara request user to give username/password for accessing the job binary in Swift ?

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 20:42:02 UTC 2015

hi chen, responses inline

On 07/06/2015 04:38 AM, Li, Chen wrote:
> Thanks. This is very helpful.
>
> A little more questions about how to config:
>
> 1.  What should be set in [keystone_authtoken] in sahara.conf ?
>        As code at https://github.com/openstack/sahara/blob/master/sahara/utils/proxy.py#L165.
>        Looks like admin_user & admin_password & admin_tenant_name" must be set, and the proxy_domin must be created by the admin_user.
>        But after a clean devstack installation, my sahara.conf only has:
>                  [keystone_authtoken]
>                  signing_dir = /var/cache/sahara
>                  cafile = /opt/stack/data/ca-bundle.pem
>                  auth_uri = http://192.168.6.91:5000
>                  project_domain_id = default
>                  project_name = service
>                  user_domain_id = default
>                  password = 123456
>                  username = sahara
>                  auth_url = http://192.168.6.91:35357
>                  auth_plugin = password
>
>        I'm really confused, these configurations all looks very similar.

that's a good question, i'm not sure what devstack does by default when
creating sahara's configuration. i notice that in my local configuration
file i do have values for admin_user, admin_password, and
admin_tenant_name, but these were not generated by devstack. i wonder if
we have an error or perhaps there are default values for these?

as for the proxy domain options, use_domain_for_proxy_users and
proxy_user_domain_name, these must be added by the administrator (you)
for devstack, and they must be in the DEFAULT section. in devstack you
could set these parameters by adjusting your local.conf to contain
something like:

[[post-config|$SAHARA_CONF_FILE]]
[DEFAULT]
use_domain_for_proxy_users=True
proxy_user_domain_name=sahara_proxy

of course, changing "sahara_proxy" to the name of the proxy domain you
have created for use.

> 2. More other configurations must be set ?
>      Such as:
>                  [DEFAULT]
>                 use_identity_api_v3= True

i think using v3 is a good idea with this feature. i haven't tested it
in v2, but i probably should and make some notes to the documentation
accordingly. thanks!

regards,
mike