[openstack-dev] [Neutron] What are problems of Distributed SNAT?

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Mon Jul 6 17:28:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

There was some discussion a while back on this subject.  Some
alternatives were captured on etherpad [1] with pros and cons.  Sorry
for the delay in responding.  The initial implementation of DVR went
with centralized SNAT to reduce the scope of the effort and because of
a lack consensus around which alternative to choose.

Carl

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/decentralized-snat