[openstack-dev] [Heat][Oslo] Versioned objects compatibility mode

Grasza, Grzegorz grzegorz.grasza at intel.com
Mon Jul 6 08:22:34 UTC 2015

Dan's blog post suggests that Nova already requires two restarts:
http://www.danplanet.com/blog/2015/06/26/upgrading-nova-to-kilo-with-minimal-downtime/

I added a bp/spec for this in Heat:
https://review.openstack.org/196670

There is also an approved spec in Cinder:
https://review.openstack.org/192037
which, to avoid restarts, stores the configuration in the DB.
This places a requirement for all services to have a direct access to the database, so it can't be used in all projects. Thang Pham also wrote a Cinder POC implementation: https://review.openstack.org/184404.

/ Greg