[openstack-dev] [puppet] [Nova] Do we really need to use rabbit_ha_queues parameter?

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 3 10:03:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have updated puppet manifests for all OpenStack components to fix the
logic of configuration of rabbit_ha_queues parameter [1] but Nova puppet
unit tests failed because these tests expect that we will use
rabbit_ha_queues=True for one-controller-node installations [2], [3].
Do we have some bugs in Nova which require to use rabbit_ha_queues even for
installation with only one OpenStack controller node? Can we just fix unit
tests or we have some reasons to use rabbit_ha_queues=True? Probably, we
can use rabbit_ha_queues=True by default for any deployments?

Thank you!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197013/
[2]
http://logs.openstack.org/13/197013/3/check/gate-puppet-nova-puppet-unit-3.3/df55e9e/console.html