[openstack-dev] [manila][puppet-manila] Bypassing jenkins FAILURE

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 2 17:42:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-02 22:00:43 +0530 (+0530), sac wrote:
> I have a patch[1] which should work only on Red Hat systems and
> fails on non Red Hat systems due to non-availability of a package.

I suppose it's up to the puppet-manager-core group members to decide
whether non-portable additions are something they want to support.

> However, jenkins runs the beaker tests on Ubuntu and by definition
> this fails, which is quite intended. However, jenkins marks
> FAILURE due to this error.
>
> Due to this, patch stays in Verified-1 state incorrectly.

The job has been instructed to run against the entirety of the
acceptance spec, and the contents of that spec aren't currently
conditional for specific classes (besides repo selection and package
providers).

> How to bypass or waive this failure? Can I request an exception?

Waiving your change past the job wouldn't solve this, since that job
would just become instantly broken for the puppet-manila repo from
that point on (and also we have no way to actually do that short of
disabling the job or involving an admin for the code review system
itself to bypass our gating safeties). If
non-portable/platform-specific features are acceptable to the
puppet-manila maintainers, I think your options are to either wrap
your addition to the spec in a check for $::osfamily == 'RedHat' or
modify your new class to not fail when applied on non-RedHat-family
platforms.

Anyway, I suspect this is a discussion far better had in the change
review itself rather than on the mailing list.
--
Jeremy Stanley