[openstack-dev] [packaging] how to deal with the rename of config files in neutron on upgrade?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 2 15:35:16 UTC 2015

This change in neutron [1] renames the linuxbridge and openvswitch
plugin config files.  I'm familiar with the %config(noreplace) directive
in rpm but I'm not sure if there is a special trick with rpm to rename a
config file while not losing the changes in the config file during the
upgrade.

Is this just something that has to be handled with trickery in the %post
macro where we merge the contents together if the old config file
exists?  Would symbolic links help?

Changes like this seem like a potential giant pain in the ass for packagers.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195277/

Matt Riedemann