[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Aodh has been imported, next steps

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Jul 2 13:54:17 UTC 2015

On 02/07/2015 4:43 AM, Ryota Mibu wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'd like to see how we can develop new alarm features, since I'm working on event-alarm.
>
> Having duplicated code bases may confuse developer too, so we should have some policies like:
>
>   * aodh focus on making sure that it provides existing API and functionality as of kilo to end users
>   * ceilometer/alarm is open to develop new experimental features until L2/L3
>   * having a merge window to move those new features to aodh from ceilometer/alarm around L3
>
> What do you think?

this sounds like a good idea, we should probably adopt something similar
to the graduation process for oslo libs. at quick glance, the code is
all structured the same -- under different main folder -- so i believe
it should be a easy port if coding against current ceilometer repo to
move it under aodh afterwards.

> Thanks,
> Ryota

gord