[openstack-dev] [all][packaging] Adding files to /etc in a package

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Jul 2 00:07:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 11:07:30PM +0000, Perry, Sean wrote:
> BTW, see dh_bash-completion from the debhelper package. When in doubt about packaging on a deb based distro look at the debhelper tools source (which is perl).

Right, but I'm talking about python packaging.  Which is certainly closely
related to system/distribution packaging, but lacks a lot of the machinery
to get it right.

What I'm trying to do is:
1) make it simple for the 'developer' comsumers of the python package to use
   bash completions (witghout needing the system packages)
2) Help the system/distribution packagers or at the very least not make thier
   life more difficult.

Yours Tony.