[openstack-dev] [all]deprecating [test-]requirements-PYN.txt

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 1 22:57:24 UTC 2015

On 29 June 2015 at 23:56, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

>> I think we should do three things:
>>  - error if universal builds are requested and python versioned
>> requirements files are present.

> That may break some of the Oslo stable libs, since not all of them were
> ready for Python 3 last cycle, and certainly not before. Have you done
> any analysis to find those libs so we can get patches ready
> preemptively?
>
> Doug

So if that breaks them, they must have:
[wheel]
universal = 1
in their setup.cfg

*and*
they must have [test-]requirements[-pyN].txt rather than just requirements.txt.

If they have that, they are broken already: installing them on python3
will install the wrong dependencies.

I haven't done a system wide grep for that no.

-Rob