[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - breaking changes for plugins/drivers

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:22:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

We have had at least two breaking changes merge this week for out-of-tree
drivers/plugins. These are just the two I noticed that broke the Big Switch
CI (the one I keep an eye on since I had set it up):

1. Removed test_lib that changes config files.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/196583/
2. Removed the loopingcall common util with no deprecation cycle or
announcement. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192999/

I proposed a revert for 1 that merged, but I don't particularly want to
keep fighting this. What is our current policy on this? Just change
whatever we want and tell plugin maintainers this is just the way things
work?

--
Kevin Benton