[openstack-dev] [Heat][Keystone] Native keystone resources in Heat

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Fri Jan 30 16:16:41 UTC 2015

I was asking earlier this week about keystone resources on the irc channel...

We're thinking about having a tenant per user on one of our clouds. We're using neutron. So setting this up involves:

 * Creating a User
 * Creating a Tenant
 * Assigning Roles
 * Creating the Tenants default Private network. (owned by the tenant)
 * Creating a Neutron Router. (owned by the tenant)
 * Setting the Router gateway.
 * Plugging in the Router to the Private network.
 * Setting some additional security group rules on the users default group. (Out of the box we want icmp and port 22 open)

We'd like to have the heat stack maintained by the admin's tenant so they are protected.

I tried but some of this stuff can't be done in heat today. I ended up having to write a shell script.

I'd love to be able to use heat for this.

Thanks,
Kevin