[openstack-dev] [Ironic] volunteer to be rep for third-party CI

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Jan 29 21:28:29 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 02:32 PM, Adam Lawson wrote:
> Hi ruby, I'd be interested in this. Let me know next steps when ready?
>
> Thanks!
Hi Adam:

It requires someone who knows the code base really well. While core
review permissions are not required, the person fulfilling this role
needs to have the confidence of the cores for support of decisions they
make.

Since folks with these abilities spend much of their time in irc and
read backscroll I had brought the subject up in channel. I hadn't
expected a post to the mailing list as folks in the larger community may
not have the skill set that would make them effective in this role.

Which is not to say they can't learn the role. The starting place would
be to contribute to the code base as a contributor
(http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html) and earn the
trust of the program's cores through participation in channel and in
reviews.

To be honest, I had thought someone already had said they would do this
but since Ironic doesn't have much third party ci activity, I have
forgotten who said they would. Mostly I was asking if anyone else
remembered who this was.

Thanks Adam,
Anita.