[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] PyMySQL review

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 29 18:33:31 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-29 10:21:58 -0800 (-0800), Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
[...]
> I don’t think switching is going to give us much benefit right
> away. We will need a few optimizations and bugfixes in other areas
> (particularly in our sqlalchemy usage) before we will derive any
> benefit from the switch.

There are other benefits which we can potentially leverage right
away though. Off the top of my head:

1. It removes yet another system library header dependency on our
toolchain, simplifying testing and development environments.

2. It removes yet another blocker to running/testing under Python 3.
--
Jeremy Stanley