[openstack-dev] [nova] The libvirt.cpu_mode and libvirt.cpu_model

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Thu Jan 29 17:59:36 UTC 2015

Although configuring all hosts with consistent CPU model means nova live migration issue, does it also means the cloud can only present features based on oldest machine in the cloud, and latest CPU features like SSE4.1 etc can't be utilized?

Also, if we want to expose host feature to guest (please check https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1412930 for a related issue), we have to use per-instance cpu_model configuration, which will anyway break the all-host-live-migration.

For your live migration fix, is it https://review.openstack.org/#/c/53746/ ? On your patch, the check_can_live_migrate_destination() will use the guest CPU info to compare with the target host CPU info, instead of compare the source/target host cpu_model.

Thanks
--jyh