[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] PyMySQL review

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 16:55:26 UTC 2015

Roman Podoliaka <rpodolyaka at mirantis.com> wrote:

> On native threads vs green threads: I very much like the Keystone
> approach, which allows to run the service using either eventlet or
> Apache. It would be great, if we could do that for other services as
> well.

but why do we need two approaches to be at all explicit?   Basically, if you write a WSGI application, you normally are writing non-threaded code with a shared nothing approach.  Whether the WSGI app is used in a threaded apache container or a gevent style uWSGI container is a deployment option.  This shouldn’t be exposed in the code.