[openstack-dev] What should openstack-specs review approval rules be ?

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:13:04 UTC 2015

I am of the opinion that the +1/-1 from non tc members can be valuable, but
similarly it would be easy to get just comments. The TC is the body I
expect to help determine the direction of cross project initiatives such as
the logging guidelines. As a PTL I feel confident the TC is the right body
to do the voting and the same rules as the governance repo (with chair +1
workflow) seems to be a great idea. Communicating the topics via the ML and
the cross project meeting should help to get the PTLs and CPLs involved in
the process, which is highly important. The ML can help to bring in other
views.

I would rather trust the TC (who has not shown any reason to question their
ability to determine community consensus) to help make sure we don't stall
on these specs than have endless waiting. I like the proposal to use the TC
voting rules.

--Morgan