[openstack-dev] [Policy][Group-based-policy] Policy violations investigation

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:55:41 UTC 2015

Hi Ariel,

This is indeed one of the use cases that is very relevant to, and can
be supported, with the GBP model. The GBP policy actions provide a way
to “redirect” to a service-instance/chain on matching a traffic
classifier. If you are able to represent the “honeypot” functionality
as a Neutron advanced service, or wrap it in an implemented service,
then you can integrate it with today’s implementation. The GBP team
will be happy to provide you with more information on how you can
propose and implement any changes that you may need to make for this
integration. Also, feel free to catch us in #openstack-gbp and/or
during the GBP weekly IRC meeting [1].

Thanks,
~Sumit.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron_Group_Policy