[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Core rights in Fuel repositories

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 23 17:36:36 UTC 2015

How should we deal with release management?

Currently I don't do any merges for stackforge/fuel-* projects but I
need access to all of them to create branches at Hard Code Freeze.

Should we create separate fuel-release group for that? Should it be
unified group for all repositories or every repository needs its own?

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Roman Prykhodchenko <me at romcheg.me> wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> After moving python-fuelclient to its own repo some of you started asking a good question which is How do we manage core rights in different Fuel repositories. The problem is that there is a single fuel-core group which is used for all fuel-* repos, except for python-fuelclient.
>
> The approach mentioned above does not work very well at the moment and so I’d like to propose a different one:
>
> - Every new or separated project shoud introduce it’s own -core group.
>  -  That group vill only contain active core reviewers for only that project.
>  -  Removing or adding people will be done according to Approved OpenStack rules.
> - fuel-core group will be reduced to the smallest possible number of people and only include the guys
>  who must have decision making powers according to Fuel project’s rules.
>  - fuel-core will be included to any other fuel-*core group
>  - elections to the fuel-core group will take place according to Fuel’s policies
>  - fuel-core group members are required for supervising reasons and taking an action in emergency cases
>

> - romcheg

Aleksandra Fedorova
Fuel Devops Engineer
bookwar