[openstack-dev] [horizon] static files handling, bower/

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu Jan 22 11:09:18 UTC 2015

On 22/01/15 11:27, Martin Geisler wrote:
> Maybe this is a dumb question, but if there already is a system package
> for, say, Angular, why is the XStatic packge needed then? Could the
> system package for Horizon not just point directly to where the Angular
> package has put its files?

Yes, that is *exactly* the change that we want to make now and that we
are discussing! Drop the whole XStatic thing, and have a file in Horizon
that configures all the paths. Then use Bower for downloading the files
in development environments, and system packages in production.

--
Radomir Dopieralski