[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Puppet] Manifests for granular deploy steps and testing results against the host OS

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:07:03 UTC 2015

My understanding is serverspec is not going to work well / going to be
supported. I think it was discusssed on IRC (as i cant find it in my
email). Stackforge/puppet-ceph moved from ?(something)spec to beaker,
as its more functional and actively developed.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Sergii Golovatiuk
<sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Puppet OpenStack community uses Beaker for acceptance testing. I would
> consider it as option [2]
>
> [2] https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Sergii Golovatiuk,
> Skype #golserge
> IRC #holser
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>> We are working on the modularization of Openstack deployment by puppet
>> manifests in Fuel library [0].
>>
>> Each deploy step should be post-verified with some testing framework as
>> well.
>>
>> I believe the framework should:
>> * be shipped as a part of Fuel library for puppet manifests instead of
>> orchestration or Nailgun backend logic;
>> * allow the deployer to verify results right in-place, at the node being
>> deployed, for example, with a rake tool;
>> * be compatible / easy to integrate with the existing orchestration in
>> Fuel and Mistral as an option?
>>
>> It looks like test resources provided by Serverspec [1] are a good
>> option, what do you think?
>>
>> What plans have Fuel Nailgun team for testing the results of deploy
>> steps aka tasks? The spec for blueprint gives no a clear answer.
>>
>> [0]
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-library-modularization
>> [1] http://serverspec.org/resource_types.html
>>
>> --