[openstack-dev] multi-queue virtio-net interface

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 21:43:37 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rajagopalan Sivaramakrishnan" <raja at juniper.net>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
>
> Hello,
>     We are hitting a performance bottleneck in the Contrail network
>     virtualization solution due to the virtio interface having a single
>     queue in VMs spawned using Openstack. There seems to be a blueprint to
>     address this by enabling multi-queue virtio-net at
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-virtio-net-multiqueue
>
> It is not clear what the current status of this project is. We would be happy
> to contribute towards this effort if required. Could somebody please let us
> know what the next steps should be to get this into an upcoming release?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raja

The specification is up for review here:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/128825/

There is an associated Feature Freeze Exception (FFE) email for this proposal here which would need to be approved for this to be included in Kilo:

    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-January/054263.html

Thanks,

Steve