[openstack-dev] oslo_log/oslo_config initialization

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 21 15:25:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 08:25:57AM -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Qiming,
>
> Nova already uses oslo.config. there's a patch against nova to use
> oslo_log. Doug took the effort to do this so we'd not face issues once
> we release oslo_log, so yes, they have been tested together. Please
> hop onto #openstack-oslo to debug in real time.

Well, just checked nova code, it seems openstack.common.log is still
there. That means there are duplicated code such as the
'common_cli_opts' which resides in both openstack.common.log and
oslo_log._options.

I was getting the following error if I'm deleting openstack.common.log
module:

oslo_config.cfg.NoSuchOptError: no such option: log_config_append

So ... even with oslo_log there, we still need openstack.common.log?
Pretty confused and a little frustrated after two days of digging.

Regards,
  Qiming