[openstack-dev] [Ironic] ironic-discoverd status update: 1.0.0 feature freeze and testing

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 12:54:08 UTC 2015

Hi all!

That's pure information email about discoverd, feel free to skip it, if
not interested.

For those interested I'm glad to announce that ironic-discoverd 1.0.0 is
feature complete and is scheduled to release on Feb 5 with Kilo-2
milestone. Master branch is under feature freeze now and will only
receive bug fixes and documentation updates until the release. This is
the version intended to work with my in-band inspection spec
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/kilo/inband-properties-discovery.html

Preliminary release notes:
https://github.com/stackforge/ironic-discoverd#10-series
Release tracking page:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-discoverd/+milestone/1.0.0
Installation notes:
https://github.com/stackforge/ironic-discoverd#installation (might be
slightly outdated, but should be correct)

I'm not providing a release candidate tarball, but you can treat git
master at https://github.com/stackforge/ironic-discoverd as such. Users
of RPM-based distros can use my repo:
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/divius/ironic-discoverd/ but beware
that it's kind of experimental, and it will be receiving updates from
git master after released is pushed to PyPI.

Lastly, I do not expect this release to be a long-term supported one.
Next feature release 1.1.0 is expected to arrive around Kilo RC and will
be supported for longer time.

Looking forward to your comments/suggestions/bug reports.
Dmitry.