[openstack-dev] [TEMPEST] doubts regarding tempest

Inessa Vasilevskaya ivasilevskaya at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 19 09:43:08 UTC 2015

Hi,
I can't boast digging a lot into tempest, but at least I can give you some
info on question 1.
You can run a single test or a series of tests stopping at "import pdb;
pdb.set_trace()" if use use testr:

testr list-tests test_name_regex > my-list
python -m testtools.run discover --load-list my-list

Mind that you need to activate your venv first. More info can be found
here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Testr

By the way, I personally recommend ipdb - has the same power, but is a lot
more user friendly :)

Hope it helps,

Inessa Vasilevskaya