[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Scale] [UI] Improvements to handle 200+ nodes

Nikolay Markov nmarkov at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 16 12:50:45 UTC 2015

It's also should be mentioned that these are several changes to do on
backend in order for UI to work faster, not on UI itself. For example,
these are:

- Custom filters, as Vitaly mentioned
- Pagination of collections
- PATCH requests support
- Probably both short and /full representations for some entities

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Vitaly Kramskikh
<vkramskikh at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Currently Fuel UI can handle large amounts of nodes due to a recent
> refactoring - rendering and operations with nodes became much faster. But
> that large amount of nodes also requires UX improvement, I'd love to hear
> your ideas and opinions on these proposals:
>
> Introduce compact node representation and let users switch between standart
> and compact view. Compact view will display only node name and status and
> will allow to display 4-8 nodes in a row instead of only one.
> Currently it is only possible to filter node by names. Filtering feature
> could be extended to allow filtering by other parameters: status, roles,
> manufacturer, RAM, disk space. There are 2 options (I'd like to hear which
> one you prefer):
>
> Form-based filter (beside a single input for name there will be controls for
> other parameters)
> Query language-based filter (like one used in Gerrit)
>
> Add ability to add arbitrary tags with values to nodes and also allow
> filtering by them.
>

> --
> Vitaly Kramskikh,
> Software Engineer,