[openstack-dev] [qa] Doubts regarding testing in OpenStack

Abhishek Talwar/HYD/TCS abhishek.talwar at tcs.com
Fri Jan 16 07:18:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I have some more doubts if you can please clear them too.

Q1. How can we debug
test cases in OpenStack ? (We can debug the code through import pdb
but the same doesn't work for test cases and we have a bdb quit
error)
Q2. Suppose I need
to add a test case in the tempest suite how can I do that ? Q3. Whenever we run run_tests.sh script where does it first hit and how does the tests cases start running ?Q4. As it is said
that tempest interacts only with the OpenStack Rest Api's , then how
are the test cases for the various clients run, by clients here I
mean the python-novaclient,keystoneclient etc.