[openstack-dev] About DVR limit

Vasudevan, Swaminathan (PNB Roseville) swaminathan.vasudevan at hp.com
Thu Jan 15 16:56:13 UTC 2015

Hi Joehuang,
Thanks for your input and description of the problem.
What you are stating is just have DVR functionality for East-West traffic and all North-South traffic should go through the Centralized Router.
The North-South distributed reduces the burden in the Centralized Node. We eventually need to get away from the centralized node model.
I am not sure why there would be a use case to go back to the centralized model.

We were even initially planning to distribute the SNAT, but we just left it there centralized just to support the legacy services such as VPN.
Once we have service insertion and service chaining then we can distribute the SNAT functionality.

If you have a use case and willing to work on it and contribute code upstream, please let me know.

Thanks
Swami