[openstack-dev] [nova][gate][stable] How eventlet 0.16.1 broke the gate

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 15 13:38:05 UTC 2015

Sean Dague wrote:
> The policy decision to cap stable requirements was agreed to previously
> (and at summit this year), it just needs someone to implement.

+1

We started to implement it (in Oslo libraries iirc) and then reverted
because we encountered problems. We concluded a proper cross-project
spec should be written so that we can try to anticipate issues better.

I don't have a totally clear view of the issue(s) we encoutered last
time, though. Could someone write a postmortem or point me to one ? Or
was the upgrading components issue (fixed in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/142075/) the only problem ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)