[openstack-dev] Concerns about Gnocchi's performance

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Jan 15 13:23:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15 2015, 张灿 wrote:

> As a further question, how do you estimate the storage impact of a vm
> instance’s metrics? I’m not very sure about the `back_window` and `definition`
> part, could you clarify that for me?

That defines the number of measure (data points) that are stored for
each metric. The size of an actual metric depends on these parameters.
So depending on the granularity and the number of points, the size of a
metric can go from a few kilobytes to a few megabytes.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker