[openstack-dev] Concerns about Gnocchi's performance

张灿 zhangcan at letv.com
Thu Jan 15 10:38:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

I’m testing gnocchi to work with ceilometer these days and I have some concerns about its performance.

I noticed in the code, every time a measure gets updated, gnocchi first reads all the previous contents of that measure, updates the measure in memory and writes the updated contents as well as original contents back. IMHO, the overhead here could be very large. As an improvement, I propose we use some form of `seek` that only modifies the updated parts.

So I’d like to hear about your opinions, and if there’s already a solution, please point it to me.

Regards,
Can Zhang