[openstack-dev] [neutron][AdvancedServices] Confusion about the solution of the service chaining!

Yuriy.Babenko at telekom.de Yuriy.Babenko at telekom.de
Wed Jan 14 16:03:11 UTC 2015

Hi,
we really like the idea to address the SFC use-case in Neutron working group.
We would be happy to work with the community to work out the way to consume service-chains via standardized neutron-api and provide use-cases and blueprints.
Some initial ideas on the use-case can be found in the following etherpad [1].

Keshava, we think that it would be ideal to have two type of use-cases: one which you described below (“dynamic” one) with the usage of IETF-defined header but also one “static” one where the whole chain can be pre-provisioned by the orchestrator via Neutron-API  w/o usage of classifier and header extensions.
[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kKIqu2ipN6

Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Yuriy Babenko