[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Dropping Python-2.6 support

Tomasz Napierala tnapierala at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 14 12:39:02 UTC 2015

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 08:50, Kamil Sambor <ksambor at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
> Tomasz we are not using ssl in our client so now we not gain anything from moving to 2.7 .

I meant „security support” in terms of fixing security issues within Python itself. For 2.6.x line it’s over, as Przemek mentioned above:

"With the 2.6.9 release, and five years after its first release, the Python 2.6 series is now officially retired. All official maintenance for Python 2.6, including security patches, has ended. "

REgards,
--
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Sr. OpenStack Engineer