[openstack-dev] [devstack]Openstack installation issue.

Abhishek Shrivastava abhishek at cloudbyte.com
Wed Jan 14 12:32:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

For the past few days I have been trying to install Openstack through
Devsatck on Ubuntu 13.10 & 14.04, but while installing I was getting the
following errors:

1. *ERROR :* ln: failed to create symbolic link `/logs/screen/screen-
key.log': No such file or directory

2. *ERROR :* mkdir: cannot create directory '/logs': Permission denied
           find: `/logs': No such file or directory
           Traceback (most recent call last):
             File "/home/devstack/devstack/tools/outfilter.py", line 85, in
<module>
               sys.exit(main())
             File "/home/devstack/devstack/tools/outfilter.py", line 53, in
main
               outfile = open(opts.outfile, 'a', 0)
           IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/logs/stack.sh.log.2015-01-14-144819'

To find the root cause of this problem, I played with the $DEST variable on
my local.conf file & found the installation was running fine.

But later I found that the problem was not actually the DEST variable, but
it was something else.

It was actually the shell script that I had created and was using for
installing devstack was not able to write '$DEST' in the local.conf file.

Error Code in my script:
         SCREEN_LOGDIR=$DEST/logs/screen
         LOGFILE=$DEST/logs/stack.sh.log

Rectified Code of my script:
         SCREEN_LOGDIR=*\$DEST*/logs/screen
         LOGFILE=*\$DEST*/logs/stack.sh.log

Now after rectifying my script the Openstack installation is working fine.

Sorry for the confusion created earlier.

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Abhishek*
*Cloudbyte Inc. <http://www.cloudbyte.com>*