[openstack-dev] [horizon] static files handling, bower/

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 13 15:31:05 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-13 08:13:41 -0700 (-0700), Drew Fisher wrote:
[...]
> Why were the libraries ripped from the Horizon codebase in the
> first place? It seems to me they belong with the code using it.

I disagree. If those libraries aren't developed as part of Horizon
then they should not be copied into and distributed as part of its
source tree. That's code duplication, plain and simple.

I'm in favor of cleaning out all the "vendoring" of third-party
libraries in OpenStack projects, but agree that it would be nice to
find a cross-platform/portable mechanism for handling them.
--
Jeremy Stanley