[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Getting reply back from external DHCP server.

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:14:15 UTC 2015

Hi again,

One more thing, when configuring the DHCP Ironic will pass some extra DHCP
information to the server, this include things like the address of the TFTP
server where the PXE configuration files are and also a token so the deploy
ramdisk can authenticate with the Ironic API.

Does your DHCP server is configured with similar information?

Just to test if it's an authentication problem, try to set the
auth_strategy confirguration to "noauth" and see if the deployment succeed.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ironic/blob/master/ironic/common/pxe_utils.py#L262-L266

Cheers,
Lucas