[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Lack of additional setup on 10Gbit interfaces.

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 13 11:59:55 UTC 2015

Hi Piotr

Currently, you are not able trigger a network reconfiguration on the node
without redeploying the whole node. We are working on this and it should
become available in 6.1 as a part of
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-library-modularization and
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/granular-deployment-based-on-tasks

Regarding puppetsync - you can simply call puppet sync mcollective agents
on the particular nodes using something like

"mco rpc --agent puppetsync --action rsync -I /^[0-9]/"

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Skamruk, Piotr <piotr.skamruk at intel.com>
wrote:

> On mon, 2015-01-12 at 14:31 -0800, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> > Hi Piotr,
> >
> > Thanks for writing up a detailed summary of the problem! At the
> > moment, we have a way to set MTU using Fuel CLI [0] and a blueprint to
> > add this functionality to Fuel Web UI [1]
> >
> > [0]
> http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-6.0/reference-architecture.html#adjust-the-network-configuration-via-cli
> > [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/set-mtu-for-interfaces
> Good point. I missed this.
> So from cli I can patch this before initial "deploy changes".
> Changing this on deployed environment is, or is not possible?
>
> btw. is there a way to force from fuel master node puppetsync on
> particular deployed environment?
>

> > I'm not sure it's safe to assume that if you have a 10G NICs the rest
> > of your network is going to support jumbo frames, do you think simply
> > being able to set MTU explicitly (when you know for a fact that
> > particular MTU value works) would be good enough of a solution?
> Yes, I think that setting this should be based on user decision, and
> should be configurable per interface in some point of webui.
>

> --
>   jell

Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,