[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Lack of additional setup on 10Gbit interfaces.

Skamruk, Piotr piotr.skamruk at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 11:36:40 UTC 2015

On mon, 2015-01-12 at 14:31 -0800, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> Thanks for writing up a detailed summary of the problem! At the
> moment, we have a way to set MTU using Fuel CLI [0] and a blueprint to
> add this functionality to Fuel Web UI [1]
>
> [0] http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-6.0/reference-architecture.html#adjust-the-network-configuration-via-cli
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/set-mtu-for-interfaces
Good point. I missed this.
So from cli I can patch this before initial "deploy changes".
Changing this on deployed environment is, or is not possible?

btw. is there a way to force from fuel master node puppetsync on
particular deployed environment?

> I'm not sure it's safe to assume that if you have a 10G NICs the rest
> of your network is going to support jumbo frames, do you think simply
> being able to set MTU explicitly (when you know for a fact that
> particular MTU value works) would be good enough of a solution?
Yes, I think that setting this should be based on user decision, and
should be configurable per interface in some point of webui.

--
  jell