[openstack-dev] [nova] Kilo FeatureProposalFreeze 22nd Jan and FeatureFreeze 5th Feb

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jan 13 09:57:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

In kilo we agreed to focus more on stability and technical debt
related work. As such...

If your code is *not* on this list of kilo priorities:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/kilo-priorities.html

Then the following dates apply (as previously announced)...

22nd Jan is FeatureProposalFreeze
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureProposalFreeze

5th Feb (kilo-2) is FeatureFreeze
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureFreeze

For bugs and things on the kilo priorities list, we will follow the
regular dates:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Kilo_Release_Schedule

On the 22nd Jan, blueprints that do not have all their code up for
review, and marked as NeedsCodeReview, will either be unapproved, or
moved to kilo-3, depending on if the blueprint is on the kilo priority
list.

On the 6th Feb, we will start an exception process to admit
non-priority list code into kilo-3.

That process will be officially announced after the nova midcycle
meetup, but it will look at lot like this:
* email to the ML with "[nova] FFE Request" in the subject
* three nova-core sign up on the ML to review the code
* a nova-driver approves the ability to move to kilo-3
* ...but only once we have made space by completing a kilo-3 blueprint

Thanks,
John

PS
I think the 23rd of Jan would be a good day for a Blueprint Code
Review day, where we all hang out in #openstack-nova and do our best
to review as many blueprints as possible.

If you would like to help organise that push, please email me off list.