[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Cutoff deadlines for cinder drivers

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:25:37 UTC 2015

On 09:03 Mon 12 Jan     , Erlon Cruz wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for answering my questions. I have 2 points:
>
> 1 - This (remove drivers without CI) is a way impacting change to be
> implemented without exhausting notification and discussion on the mailing
> list. I myself was in the meeting but this decision wasn't crystal clear.
> There must be other driver maintainers completely unaware of this.

I agree that the mailing list has not been exhausted, however, just reaching
out to the mailing list is not good enough. My instructions back in November
19th [1][2] were that we need to email individual maintainers and the
openstack-dev list. That was not done. As far as I'm concerned, we can't stick
to the current deadline for existing drivers. I will bring this up in the next
Cinder meeting.

> 2 - Build a CI infrastructure and have people to maintain a the CI for a
> new driver in a 5 weeks frame. Not all companies has the knowledge and
> resources necessary to this in such sort period. We should consider a grace
> release period, i.e. drivers entering on K, have until L to implement
> theirs CIs.

New driver maintainers have until March 19th. [3] That's around 17 weeks since
we discussed this in November [2]. This is part the documentation for how to
contribute a driver [4], which links to the third party requirement deadline
[3].

[1] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2014/cinder.2014-11-19-16.00.html
[2] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2014/cinder.2014-11-19-16.00.log.html#l-34
[3] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#Deadlines