[openstack-dev] [nova] Request Spec Freeze Exception (DRBD for Nova)

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Mon Jan 12 13:54:12 UTC 2015

Hello all,

in Paris (and later on, on IRC and the mailing list) I began to ask around
about providing a DRBD storage driver for Nova.
This is an alternative to using iSCSI for block storage access, and would
be especially helpful for backends already using DRBD for replicated
storage.

The spec at

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134153/

was not approved in December on the grounds that the DRBD Cinder driver

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/140451/

should be merged first; because of (network) timeouts during the K-1
milestone (and then merge conflicts, rebased dependencies, etc.) it wasn't
merged until recently (Jan 5th).

Now that the Cinder driver is already upstream, we'd like to ask for
approval of the Nova driver - it would provide quite some performance boost
over having all block storage data.

Thank you for your kind consideration!

Regards,

Phil